Sunday, October 24, 2010

Side Sleeping & Nic's first get-a-way

So...I know they say not to let your baby sleep any way but on their back. It prevents SIDS and I'll do just about anything to avoid that. I'm paranoid like crazy about it. But... Last night, I tried for the first time to let Nic sleep in his crib. I brought an air mattress in his room, blew that sucker up, and we went to bed. He slept in there for about an hour or so, and woke up to eat because God forbid he sleep at night.

So after he fell asleep nursing, I laid him down in the crib and he fussed for a minute...I laid down, and not 2 minutes later he started coughing. He does this pretty often. it's not like a REAL cough, its like, he's clearing his throat or something. So he did that, and then did a real cough, and then the gagging sound and then nothing. So.. I waited until he was quiet and I peeked in at him, and guess what I found? A baby struggling to breathe because his nose and mouth were filled with puke. I am SO glad I did that because he was choking on puke, and couldn't breathe. So yeah.. He's gonna go ahead and sleep on his side. I know doctors say no, but seriously, that was SO scary. Plus, he has a sleep positioner, and I think it's tricking him into thinking I'm still holding him kinda, because I made it kinda snug, so it's awesome. I didn't do it last night though. I was so scared after that, I just held him until like, 5am. I didn't sleep at all. Finally, at like 5:15 I put him in his swing, and but the batteries decided to die at that very second... so I was screwed. No sleep for me..again..

But he apparently, really likes to side sleep. I put him in the bassinet when we got home from Apple Annies, and he went right to sleep. And now? He's just hanging out in there with his passi making noises and it's great.

He always signs "t"


Anyway- today we went to Apple Annies with my friend Grant. It's about an hour and a half drive, and Nic did GREAT in he car. I pumped about 3oz before we left, just in case.. but he nursed for a while before we got in the car.. we drove out there and he didn't really make a peep. When we got there, I nursed him in the car for like 5 mins, and he went in the sling, and zonked out.

We had a really fun time. I love Apple Annies. My family went often when I was growing up, and I really wanted to pass it on to Nic. I know there's no way he'll remember this fall, but I will, and he did a great job.





So, that was our big day. <3>

No comments:

Post a Comment