Wednesday, October 6, 2010

My Baby's Three Weeks Old Already!





Man oh man... when your days and nights run together, things apparently go by very fast. I mean, I pretty much walk around like a zombie, but honestly, it's worth it.
There are definatly times where I want to scream, and often times I do-- but at the end of the day, it's just me and Nic and I truly believe live doesn't give you situations you can't handle..
I do wish there was someone to co-parent with... for the times where Nic isn't hungry, he's just crying at 3am... or to share his awesome little sleep smiles with...or to change his poo pants... or to even let me take a nice relaxing shower without me poking my head out every 3 seconds to make sure he's breathing... but that's just not how it is, and that's that.


Today, to celebrate Nic's 3rd week of life, we went to Target (duuuuh) and we got some storage containers for when I pump (which, I might add.... is AWESOME for me. I have an abundance of milk, and pumping is so freggin easy for me... which is great, since I'm going to try and work in a couple of months), and we spent a lot of time playing. His tummy time is really amazing to me. he is lifting his head a lot now, and it's insane. He also discovered that if he wiggles around enough he can roll. Yep. That's right. He rolls over. I put him down on his blanket on his back, and went to the kitchen..when I came back in the living room, he was on his side, which really isn't that new.. he's done that since he was born, but then, I saw him wiggle around and he was on his tummy. INSANE! but-- considering his father was walking at (I think he said..) 8 months or so.... not that weird. Also, when my mom talks to him, he moves his mouth like he's talking. How cute it that? It's like they're having all kinds of secret conversations. I'm pretty sure he was asking for more toys ...and I'm pretty sure she's going to go get him some.

So.. while we didn't do a lot today, it was pretty stressful. We were out for a long time, came home, played a lot... he cried a lot, ate every 45 mins, screamed, pooped and slept. A lot. Because he likes to be awake lionel richie style...all night long...
Now? yeah he's sleeping-its almost 3:30am, and why am I not asleep? Because I have an internet addiction, and I thought it was important to blog about his 3rd week of life.

I love love LOVE my little Nicolas. <3



















1 comment:

  1. OH my GOD!! I LOVE these pictures...!!!
    Cant wait to see you both again!

    ReplyDelete