Friday, October 29, 2010

Bloody Cats, and a Puke Baby

Yesterday started out like any Thursday. Nic slept pretty well, so we were just hanging out watching Grey's Anatomy (seriously, I'm obsessed) and drinking delicious Don Fransisco coffee, and I was doing a little work from the comfort of my couch. Amazing.
When Nic went down for his morning nap at 10:30, I jumped in the shower, and got ready for Wings (wings is every Thursday at 1pm, and we go with a group of people, and it's amazing). I pumped before we left, just in case mr. fatty was hungry, and he was.. I fed him 3oz during lunch, and he was still hungry, so thankfully, we were done with lunch, so I fed him in the car for a good 10 minutes... this kid's going to eat me out of house and home when he's a teenager I think.

Anyway, our day was not complete without a little shopping with Monica and Caida :) We went to return my brother's Christmas present-- because my sneaky mother already got him the same thing-- and then we went to make some diaper exchanges at Walmart. And ps? My 6 week old is already in size 2 diapers. He's a fatty fat fat. Also? Walmart carries Luvs, yet won't let you return Luvs there. They took the Huggies, but I digress. I got him some Pampers, and they're working out well.. they're not swaddlers but they're holding in the poo, and that's all I really care about.
I hate Walmart, but I'm really excited, because they had travel wipe cases there, and I'm going to make a boutique looking case for my friend Grace, since she's due in a few weeks with a little girl! I'm so excited. I love girly things. :) Of course I'll be making Nicolas one too, because he needs a cool case too. I'm excited to post pictures when I'm done with them, if they come out looking good!

So, we went home after the Wal, I fed Nic, we changed into our walking gear, and headed out to the park to meet with little Nona, and did just under 3 miles..it was so hot! it's October and it's HOT! so once we got home, I gave mr. chunker a bath, ate AGAIN, fell asleep and I put him in the swing. I also tried to give him a more professional hair do. He hates it. he is a Mohawk kind of baby.

His left eye looks like, way weird. it's not usually tiny. Slightly watery still, no matter what I do..but not tiny. ps? I've used drops, massaged it, hot washcloths, and....breast milk. Nothing.

anyway.

I threw in a load of laundry, and like an idiot, I slammed the door on the washing machine, and it woke him up.. So I went to feed him and as soon as he latched on, he coughed, so I pulled him back, and he started barfing his poor little head off. And my lack of house keeping paid off. I left the walmart bag on the floor, and normally? When Nic barfs I catch it in my hand, then, because I hate puke so much,...I throw it. I throw it on the floor or couch and so it's pointless, but this time? I threw it on the bag. WIN! oh well. Anyway, I went to clean Nic up, and noticed what I thought was cat barf under his big swing, and I thought to myself "awesome, it's gonna be a puke night".
When Nic was cleaned off, I went to the kitchen to wash my hands, and I was calling my mom to tell her of her grandson's epic puke and I saw blood. Everywhere. Like CSI in my damn kitchen. I freaked out, because clearly it was from the cat. let me back up for a second here... While I was feeding Nic, she was going NUTS running around my living room, so I seriously was worried she killed like, a mouse or something, because when we lived in KY she killed about 3.. but this is Tucson, and I live upstairs, so I really didn't think it was a mouse or anything like that.
So after looking all over for the cat, I was finding blood literally in every room of my house. EVERYWHERE.
I cleaned it up off the carpet and commenced a little thing I like to call "Gina freaking the fuck out"
I thought she was pooing blood, because it smelled like poo, and it was thick on the bench.. then splattered in drops everywhere. All over everything in my entire freaking house.
I coaxed her out from under Nic's crib and put her in my bathroom, and called my mom freaking out and texting Monica and my friend Grant... and Monica came to my rescue to see Jaz, and we found that it was her chin that was cut open. It looks as if she punctured her chin, all the way through.. I think she swallowed some of the blood, and puked on the bench, and I really dont know. So, I kept her in the bathroom all night, and my parents just were here and they had called vets for me, and it's going to be hundreds of dollars to fix the cat. um. hi. Single mom, not working full time, and getting only enough for diapers from Nic's dad.. so no. Sorry.. we cleaned her off.. she's eating, and in good sprits.. so she's fine.
but seriously? look at all this blood!
And this is just the kitchen bench. The little divits were filled with blood...so gross



Needless to say- I slept for 2 hours total last night with everything happening, and I feel like I'm going to die. No amount of coffee can help me, even if I could drink as much as I wanted to. I'm so tired. so so tired. But I can't sleep, because I need to watch Jazzer, and I need to do SO much cleaning after all this nonsense.

I think I'm gonna go psychotic.

No comments:

Post a Comment