Sunday, November 14, 2010

uh...


uh, I don't even know where to start really.
Yesterday, before getting Nic's dad (his flight was late), Monica and I hit up Starbucks with the kids. I really don't know what I'd do without her. I just needed some friend time before he came in town. Honestly, I wasn't that nervous to pick him up. Everyone kept asking me that.. but I wasn't. I was mad actually. I can't figure out why, but I was. Oh. Maybe it's because I totally was screwed over while pregnant? I don't know for sure...

Things were ok yesterday. I mean, I tried. I made dinner, let him totally throw off Nic's schedule, just so they could spend some time together.. but at about 7 he started to get like, super tired, and I think everyone in the world knows I freaking hate when people sleep on the couch. I mean, it's like I become the Hulk and I freak out about it. I hate it THAT much. Anyway. I said he could stay here the first night and I got an air mattress and said to go sleep in Nic's room on there and he said no, he wanted to sleep on the couch, and I should be more accommodating to him. WHAT THE SHIT?!?!?!

lets review the things I'm doing to "accommodate" him:
  • picking him up from the airport
  • letting him stay here
  • making him dinner
  • buying his favorite soda
  • buying him snacks
  • GOING TO HIS PARENTS HOUSE FOR A FAKE THANKSGIVING
So, yeah, a big wtf mate was in order. I didnt fight. I just said "if you want to go to sleep, go in Nics room or you can leave"
I got a "but I'm leaving for Afghanistan soon, so just let me..I'm the guest"

Nic hates fighting. He started crying, so I think it made his father realize what was happening and whatever. It was a rough night for me.

I will say this.. when he's spending time with Nic he's great... but I have to tell him to do it. Why should I have to initiate it? Shouldn't he just want to do it?

This situation is freaking insane.

I hope for Nic's sake, things get better, but I can't imagine that happening.

No comments:

Post a Comment