Wednesday, November 3, 2010

FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So- I was right (like that's supposed to be a surprise?).


This morning, I decided enough was enough. Nic has had this rash on his face for like 4 days, but then it spread EVERYWHERE and it was getting dry and gross.
Also?
Yesterday, he threw up 2 times in my car, on the way to my beloved Target, and I thought it was because I ate (delicious) eggplant parm. That was out of my system in 24 hours though, and this morning, he threw up 2 times like CRAZY. He did it in his sleep, and thank GOD we slept in the living room, which meant he slept in his swing, so he was sitting up.
Anyway.
While my Mom, Nic and I were at the Baker Street house (the house I grew up in, that my aunt is renting from my parents, and all of our toys [me, LeAnne and Alan] are) I decided to call Nic's doctor, to see if I could get him an appt before my one-week-late-6-week-appt. I did, and that? was awesome.

Anyway, after we grabbed a few of my old toys, (and seriously, they're old, but Nic LOVES my old sesame street toys!) we headed back home.

My sister came with me to Nic's appt and to help out at mine, so she sat with Nic while I got ready, and we headed out....

Nic's normal doctor wasn't there..it was that sub again. The little Indian sub doctor, that I now want to marry, if it were legal in AZ. OH WAIT! I forgot to mention, that my 7 week old little man weighs 13lbs 1oz and is 24 inches long. THIRTEEN POUNDS! 75th percentile. Fatty fat.
..shheeeeeessshhh...

So, she said the rash wasn't a rash, it was eczema, and I needed to get cetaphil face wash and lotion. Why is my kid so expensive?!
His eye is still kinda watery, and not goopy, so she said just to massage his tear duct 4 times a day, because it reopens once in a while after it's healed sometimes, and its totally normal.

So.. I casually mentioned my mad research skills to this wonderful Indian doctor, and said I was reading a lot about acid reflux in infants. She said to tell her what I read, and what is up with Nicolas, and she said ( and this is why I want to marry her) that yes, Nic has acid reflux and she wants to try zantac 2 times a day for this week until his 2month appt and see how that works.She also said to add rice cereal to every feeding, but I'm EBF and I know I can pump, but I love nursing. I thought I'd hate it, but it's such a wonderful experience and as selfish as it may sound, I love being the only one able to soothe him the way he likes. Plus, he hates bottles in general, but he won't take it from me. Why would he when he knows he can get the real thing from me?...so, I haven't yet, but I plan on just giving him the 3 oz I pumped earlier with a teaspoon of the rice cereal, and I'm hopeful that it fills his belly a little more and he sleeps 5 hours straight. Doubtful but a girl can dream. I guess what that does is make the milk a little thicker, and it stays down better? I dont know. I've read literature where some moms tried that with formula and it worked, so I assume it does the same for breast milk, but I'm not sure. We'll see I guess.
Anyway, we tried the zantac, and so far so good! I gave it to him at 6pm, and no painful cries yet! he has, however, had the hiccups twice. Not too bad, but still-- they're painful for him sometimes, and it kills me.

Anyway, FINALLY FINALLY FINALLY a doctor believed me! woohoo!!!

My doctor appt went very well also. I'm 8lbs from my preprego weight, which I think is pretty good, considering I gained 43lbs with Nic.. and I dont work out and I eat candy all day and drink dr pepper like it's water and I'm stuck in the Sahara. I'm totally healed, and can resume "normal activity"
So, nothing? ha...FML

So, today was my Nona's birthday, and Nic had to dress up. He's formal, but he likes to party. :]

His Grammy bought this for him to match his dad when he gets here. Next weekend. I'm not gonna lie.. I'm nervous. It's always a little awkward, and we'll see how it goes, but I'm going to try as hard as I can to make it a pleasant experience. Even though sometimes I want to hit him in the head with a brick and ask wtf he was thinking ending this all... ugh.
I digress

My Nona was so excited Nic was dressed up, she showed him off to the entire restaurant. what can I say? He's adorable.


And ps? My sister was looking at a baby picture of me in just a diaper laying on a bed, and she said "oh yeah, Nic kinda looks like you in this picture"
And I said, "yeah, but I was like 3 months in that picture, and Nic is just fat"
and she said "OMFG this is YOU in the picture!? I thought it was Nic!"

Meschino genes win again. WOOOOT! I seriously think the only Earle thing this baby has is the mouth. And feet.
Whoever he looks like, all I know is he's perfect, and I love him more and more every day. All I ever want to do is stare at him. No matter what happens with me and his dad... at least we can say we did something right.


see?
perfection


I gave him a bath right before this picture with the new soap, and apparently, over night, he outgrew his infant bath support thing, and I took it off, and he actually enjoyed his bath! He was splashing and kicking his feet and giggling. I obviously had to keep a closer eye on him since he THINKS he can sit up, and tried to do that a few times, but it's not like I'd ever look away during bathtime anyway. I'm no fool.

Tomorrow? work, wings and a meeting. And a target run! ...only because I bought 2 nursing bras and I have to return both. ugh. I just want to LOOK like I have nice boobs again. Also, I need to see if I can exchange those Luvs. My giant baby can't fit in a size one, and he needs Pampers anyway. Spoiled little baby butt.

No comments:

Post a Comment