Tuesday, November 16, 2010

8 more days.

I'm not big on the idea of the television being a babysitter for kids... let alone babies. But look at my zombie boy watching Sesame Street!
Its so freakin adorable! He doesn't like the abby cadabby or whatever. he fell asleep during her little part.

I used to absolutely LOVE Sesame Street when I was a little girl... I still have all the books...

Also, that's my craft cabinet, so it's messy. Like that's supposed to be organized? I guess it is. But whatever.

I can not begin to describe the amount of stress I'm under with Nic's father here. He's such a jerk. He never used to be, but ever since he decided he didnt want to be married, its like he HAS to be mean to me in order to be around me.. and uh.. excuse me but if I am the ONE person that holds the key to you seeing your kid? Don't be an asshat please.

So, ya know. We've been fighting, and he's left, he came back, I yelled, I said sorry, I said come around when you want.. and guess where that guy is...? not here with Nic that's for sure. I thought he was at his grandmother's since he said "hey, I'm going to my grandmas" but when I called there, she said he hasn't been there. So whatevs..I'm oh so done trying.

So, here's the deal. I'm Gina, and I'm a shopaholic. Specifically, Target.
ok, so yesterday, I went there for some diapers, and GUESS WHAT!?! the target brand diapers were on sale- 144 for $19.99. THAT. IS. AWESOME
So I went back today, because my fatso baby is not really going to be a size 2 much longer, so I went and got a size 3. yep.
2 months old, in a size 3.
So anyway, we went yesterday to buy Nic's new gf a "welcome to the world" present. I didn't get much more, and I'm very proud of myself. :]
My good friend just had a baby girl. She's so freakin cute! I went to visit Grace while she was in labor.. went down the hall to check on my little bird, and when I came back--literally 3 minutes later-- she was pushin that baby out. All 8.2 pounds , 21.5 inches of her. She's a champ!
...lovers...

So, while we were at target, Nic got super fussy, and I bought him a new passy, aaaaaaaaaaaaand its a 3 month one, and he liked it a lot until about 4 minutes ago, when he had major meltown number 55 since his dad's been here. ...his schedule is all weird, since his dad doesn't give a shit as to the times he naps, and wont respect me AT ALL as a freakin mother.
I think I'm going crazy, and I'm not kidding.
Anyway. Once he had the passy, he fell asleep, and I decided it would be a great idea to entertain myself.
And here is the result:



As I've said a bajillion times, I hate people sleeping in anything but a bed. But he's AH-dorable.
Also? he is my grandpas twin the way he's sleeping :]


I like to think I'm a really really strong independent person. For some reason though, I let Nic's dad walk all over me, and totally go against what I want, and I do not know why.
It's really hard being a single mom. It's even harder when you're not technically single yet, and your "husband" is not wanting to be around your son, but instead texting whoever, and ugh.
he's in town for 8 more days before he leaves for Afghanistan, but he's never around Nic.
Whenever I say anything, he trumps me with this: "Gina, I'm leaving for Afghanistan" and he wins.
I hate this.
November 25th, please hurry and get here, or I may just become an alcoholic.

Also? I want a doctor to tell me why my little baby is so stuffy. He's sitting upright in his swing, and he's snoring and choking on his own boogies. :( my poor little guy.

2 comments:

  1. I can't imagine the hell you are going through. I'm a bitch, and I'd just say "fuck off ya prick" cos' I think the baby would be better off without such an asshole of a father (I was married and divorced by the time I was twenty. Remarried 7 years later to my baby's father. The ex husband was a fucking abusive douchebag.)ON a POSITIVE your kid is so damn cute. And you are one ferocious mother. I love reading your blog because you say a lot of the same shit I'm thinking. My Sophia is also really snotty and blowing boogers. I think it's attributed to the time of year. Keep writing. You are one tough cookie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I randomly found your blogs the other day, and I read them from start to present time. I wanted to say I am so proud of you for staying strong and being a wonderful mother. My good friend's husband left her a week before their baby was born so I have shared your blog with her too.

    You are a wonderful writer, keep it up! And Nic sure is a cutie! As for his father, you can only do so much. If he uses the afganastan comment again. I would say, that doesn't give you a jerk pass.

    Keep trudging along you are doing great, and little Nic is lucky to have you as a mother!

    ReplyDelete