Saturday, November 6, 2010

crafts, babies, and puke.

So-the puking is slowly but surely getting better. Kinda. Thursday night, I made him the rice/breastmilk bottle. I'm pretty sure I put too much rice. He was really fussy and gassy, and then he started vomiting. A LOT. Like, I wanted to take him to the hospital, because he was vomiting more than he took in. Normally, I never know how much he takes in, since i'm BFing (duh) but with the bottle, I know he only had 2oz.. and I'd venture to say he threw up about 6oz of honest to god barf. Not just spit up. Needless to say, it was a long night.

Yesterday wasn't too bad. Just a little spit up. His rash is still there. I think the doctor saw the dry skin on Nic's ears, and thats why she said eczema. I put Vaseline his ears, and it cleared up right away... I just dont know. it's so stressful not being able to fix the problems when I'm the only one able to do so.
Speaking of which.. guess who didn't call TriCare? yeah. exactly. I'm so tired of trying with him anymore. I try and try and get shot down more than I care to admit. I always say I'm going to stop trying.. but then I end up sending pictures and updates. Why? I'm a decent person.
Whatever. He's missing out.
He's going to be missing out even more, because I'm not sending a damn thing.


I digress.

Last night my little baby suddenly became Mr. "I dont want to be anywhere but right next to you, Mommy" so I did not get any sleep at all. he gets so clingy when he;s not feeling well. Poor guy.

I'm still really concerned about one thing: When Nic wakes up, he gags for a few minutes. I don't know if that's normal for acid reflux babies, or what. I wish I knew. I wish other mom's of reflux babies would let me know if that happened to them, but what am I gonna do? Just walk up to EVERY parent I see and ask if their kid had it? Crazy.

Nic has started babbling, and he discovered his hands can move where he wants. He reaches towards things, but can't quite grab them yet.. he's really interested in music, and voices, and he really studies people's faces. He laughs when you ask him who mommy's handsome man is, which cracks me up. he's so sassy.
When he's waking up, he grunts for like 4 minutes. He fights SO hard to go to sleep (like me) and it takes him SO long to wake up(like his father) so it's pretty funny.
When I read to him, I do it once with out signing, and just showing him the pictures, and he loves it.. then the 2nd time, I sign and read and he really watches my hands. I can't even begin to tell you how happy that makes me! I know he has NO idea yet, but I really hope he signs before he speaks. I'm sure he will.

I wanted to make my friend a one of a kind baby present. She's having a little girl, and I miss pink things. I wanted to do a trial run first, so I made Nic a wipe case, just to make sure it would be decent looking.

We dont have a lot of robot things, but the selection at JoAnns was kinda limited.. I think it turned out ok for my first one.


This one took far less time to make, and it looks better..less sloppy. But, that's why I did a trial run first! I'm really not that crafty, so this was a big deal for me. hah...


Also- check out my adorable little man, in his jammies. Can we just talk for a minute about how much i LOVE baby jammies? So cute. I swear, my sister and I saw footie pajamas at target, and we're totally getting them for xmas eve. I doubt that I'll stay the night at my parents on Christmas anymore.. but in the off chance that I do, we need matching jammies. No need to mess up 17 years of tradition!

look at those lips
baby jammies!!
love love love him.

2 comments:

  1. As far as your baby coughing and the acid reflux my daughter (born 9.13.2010) does the EXACT same thing. I've accepted it as normal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh how strange! what about grunting? does she do that?

    ReplyDelete