Thursday, January 6, 2011

Quest for the Holy...bath?

Seriously. I seriously drove 45 minutes to find my child a bath. And guess what? IT SUCKED. I mean, it REALLY sucked. I was at Babies R Us for like, an hour trying to find one... and finally I got one I thought would work.

I got this one:

I thought it would have enough of a "seat" that Nic couldn't slide down. He didn't slide. He shivered because it says not to fill the tub up with this, and the poor kid inhereted more traits of mine than I ever thought possible, and likes super hot water in his bath, and this just didn't work. So, I immediatly took the little guy out, and he was upset. So I put him in the 45$ freakin seat.

He liked it MUCH better.

I don't wanna shock anyone here... but I don't have balls. I also don't have the luxury of having a real husband. So.... I can only assume that when your balls squish against a plastic barrier it hurts. Also? I want grandchildren one day. So.. this little seat just was fun for Nic for like 10 minutes and then he kept squirming and making a weird face. So, I think it was uncomfortable for him in his little area...
I took him out of the seat and.....
He doesn't look too happy in this picture, but I really didn't want to take my hands off him too long, so this is it.

Anyway, he LOVED the no seat thing. He was laughing when the bath was draining, and splashing until there was nothing left to splash.

I'm going tomorrow morning, and returning that seat, and the positioner, and I think I might just get the pad thing I saw at the boutique... I don't think I can ever go back to a seat after my child was so happy in the big bath. Laughing, splashing and smiling is not something I ever want absent in my child's routine at night. I cant even describe how cute it was.



On to other things...
I'm SO making this shirt.
I'm not trying to be an ass about it. I just think it's funny. So I'm totally going to make it.


I think I also need "what not to wear" come to my house, toss out all my clothing, and give me $5000 to buy some new clothes for my "new" body. Really though? I'd like $50,000 towards some liposuction or something. I can not lose this baby weight. Granted, I'm lazy and love cupcakes, and an occasional glass bottle of wine. Monica and I are going to start walking. And, I bought a bender ball in September. I'm going to bust that thing out and hopefully use it. I don't make new years resolutions because I think that's stupid, but I do want to be healthy, and more energetic for the sake of my son... so it's time to get my ass in gear. Quite literally. Also, maybe not drink so much soda. haha. Yeah right.
So to take away the attention from my lardy stomach, I've been trying to do cute eye make up, and I freaking LOVE what I did the other day. I mean, I'm no expert, but I thought it was better than my normal silver and black, or brown and tan that I do pretty much every freggin day.
I guess you can't really tell in this picture.... but it's green with olive in the corner and crease. Whatever.



3 comments:

  1. Sorry the chair didn't work out!! :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah me too, but I just got the MOST amazing bath in all the world today, and we both love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there...just stumbled upon your old blog last night and read all of it plus your new one. Wow, is all I can say! What you do for Nic is amazing. He's a lucky baby!

    ReplyDelete