Wednesday, December 29, 2010

well well well...



Nic's first Christmas was craazy. Pretty much any event in my family ends up crazy, but I mean... we're obnoxious people. What would one expect?

He got some very cute outfits, some fun bath toys, some books, baby gyms, a saucer, random little hanging toys... he got a ton of stuff. He even got ch-ch pants. I need to find some in my size now, because my new thing? Matching with him. Every day. I mean, not like, exactly the same matchy matchy but, I like to keep it the same colors and style. Don't judge me. It's fun. Moms and daughters get to match and no one thinks it's weird. I'm breaking the barrier here. :)
As for me, I got some pretty great stuff too. target cards to feed my addiction, some freaking awesome angel wings statue little sparkle thing (to match my tattoo), a cross, a video camera, make up ( a toooon of make up, maybe they're trying to tell me something?), home made jewlery from my little mommy, sweaters, socks.... I don't even know. I got a lot.
LJ sent Nic a package with one of those halmark books with his voice reading it, and it was adorable, an elmo stuffie (Nic's favorite stuffie now) some cute jammies and some other books. Seriously, the kid made out like a bandit.
Tons of presents, but all he wanted was my coke!
Nic in his Jammies from his Dad, and Elmo, watching "elmo in grouchland" from Santa...


Oh, also? I got condoms. From Monica. wtf right? yeah, she thought it was hilarious. I, on the other hand, found it a little less amusing than she did...lol.. I'm totally giving them out for halloween. hahaha. Yes. I'm going to be THAT lady, who hands out pennies, tooth brushes and condoms. hey, safety first right?

Nic just wanted to be nakie on Christmas... NBD


We ended up staying at my parents' house on Christmas Eve, and Nic didn't do so well... he's just not used to sleeping in a porta-crib, and it's too big for him... so my little SRB slept with me... and hogged the whole bed. How can a baby so small hog a queen sized bed you may ask? Yeah, I ask it too, so when someone finds the answer, give me a call.

The whole "Nic's dad is deployed" thing sucks still, and it's getting easier, now that we've talked to him, but it still sucks. it's like... I'm putting my life on hold because I reaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaally feel like we'll work it out when he gets back, but then there's like 32% of me that is realistic, and knows we wont, so I'm dealing with that nonsense and it's freaking annoying. I assume that it will become more clear as time goes on, but as for now? Totally frustrating.

Nic has been sleeping through the night lately and it. is. AWESOME.
He wakes up sometimes at like 3 or 4am, and I think it's just to make sure I'm still right there with him, because he doesn't eat. He's in the bassinet, and I have no desire to put him in the crib. I like to be right with him too. So, when he does start sleeping in there, it's probably going to be me crying in the middle of the night and checking on him...haha... If I give him the paci it usually holds him over for a few hours...but at 5am I bring him in bed with me, and nurse him. Sometimes I get up and actually do things around the house, or just lay with him. Lately? I've just been laying with him cherishing the time I'm able to do it. I really need to start working again. I think it will be good for my sanity, because now, my morning routine consists of me drinking coffee and trying to make Nic say "mama" for 30 minutes, tummy/back time, and watching lifetime movies. Also, eating an ungodly amount of cupcakes. I have some weird new obsession. it's not normal. I hate baking, and it seems to be all I want to do. I wish I could work in a cupcake shop. I seriously would be SO happy baking cupcakes all day, and eating them, and marrying some man who loves fatties. Fatties who love cupcakes and A-1 sauce. mmmmmm


I want these:



And I obviously need to make these:

1 comment:

  1. Glad that your Christmas went so well! I love cupcakes too! Like making them, decorating them with fondant and everything. Hehehehe I need to get better at it though.

    ReplyDelete