Wednesday, December 15, 2010

meh.

The past few days have been so uneventful. It's awesome. :)
My mother in law came to town and we went to babies-r-us, because she wanted to get him a saucer thing... originally she wanted to get him a little walker, but my house is SUPER tiny, and totally carpeted, so it wouldn't work, and I didn't only want to keep it at my mom's because we aren't there often enough for Nic to really enjoy the gift... the saucer is PERFECT! It's the Baby Einstein one. We put Nic in a few, and he really only liked that one, so I'm excited :)

On Saturday, we went to a friends house for a lunch thing, and he took this adorable picture from his iPod. How freggin cool. I want one. My iPod is like 39 years old, and a POS. This one you can get different "cameras" and it is awesome.
Oh and ps? I am a Christmas shopping fool! Seriously- I love shopping for other people. It's like an excuse to feed my addiction. :) but I'm done now, and so I have to stop going to Target every 30 minutes.

Oh- and when we went to Babies R Us, my MiL got Nic a new bath positioner (I actually haven't a clue what it's called) and its a good thing she did. I put Nic in his normal bath, and half way through, he decided to poop. He hasn't done that since he was like 3 weeks old or something. I was dying laughing. His dad was on skype with us, and was cracking up too, but since he did that, I had to put him on the new seat and he liked it, the only thing is, he wiggles a lot, so I wish it had some kind of strap or something on it. What I really want, is a seat for him, since he pretty much can sit up with a little support. But it was a funny evening.
(pre-poop)

Nic's dad leaves in 5 days, and it's freggin breaking my heart to think about it. Not only am I sad for my own selfish reasons, but I mean he's freggin going to Afghanistan. Holy crap. 3rd deployment, and that's just stupid. Also? He's not going to be taking his R&R until Nic's birthday. That's nearly 9 months away. When he comes back here, Nic will probably be walking and kinda talking... He's going to miss everything. I mean, even if we were "really married" he would be missing this but... I dont know.. it just makes me sad.
um... him leaving also feeds my shopping addiction. I really like sending stuff to him while he's deployed. Last tour (we were REALLY married) I sent him 2 boxes a week. One box was full of food, the other just silly shit, and while I won't be sending boxes that often, I already have one almost ready to go with just stupid shit. I'm super excited. I think he's going to LOVE something I'm going to send so hopefully that cheers him up a little. No matter what is happening between us, he's deployed--for us.

plus... is there anything sexier than a man in uniform? I think not.

1 comment:

  1. I really hope he pulls himself together to be with you and your kid. Marriages go through rough patches. MILITARY MARRIAGES ESPECIALLY. (My Dad was Army... I grew up... different & interesting...)LOL.

    I hope for the best! Best wishes! <3

    THANK GOD Sophia has only PEED in the tub!!! Never a deuce!

    ReplyDelete