Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Greek Pizza and Other Delicious Things





The other night, my friend Cass Attack and I decided we were going to have a girls night and drink white wine, and eat greek pizza. I've never ever made greek pizza, but I figured I'm Italian, and I love hummus, so it couldnt be TOO hard.
Guess who was right?! duhhhhh meeee!!

I did cheat a bit, and picked up some whole wheat dough at SunFlower though, because I hardly have time to shower, let alone make dough.

So, while at the store getting everything, Cassie informed me she's allergic to EVERY kind of nut.. meaning I couldn't put pine nuts in the pesto.. so I thought it would taste like garbage, buuuut it was SO freggin good.

Pesto:
15 organic basil leafs
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
2 cloves of garlic
1/2 lemon juice. (like, cut the lemon in half, and use that juice)
like, a handful of parm cheese.


it worked. and it was amazing. I wanted to drink it and not put it on the pizza... but I did...



Then, I just put tomatoes, onion, artichoke hearts, kalamata olives, feta cheese, zucchini, parm cheese, mozerella, spinach, and balsamic vinegar.

and then we ate the shit out of it... which is why I forgot to take a picture until it was half way gone.


it was so so good. I never ever think I do a good job cooking, except for my spinach and artichoke dip, and fettuccine alfredo. And now, this. Holy crap, I ate it for breakfast and dinner the next day.
it
was
so
good


So, the other day, LJ sent Nic a little Elmo teether. He loves it! I knew he would... he loves all things Elmo.

He wasn't too sure about it at first, but he was so excited, he fell asleep.

it was soooooooo cute. he held onto that elmo for his entire nap.

We go shopping a lot... that's no surprise, but the other day at Target (duh) I decided I was going to get Nic this little bongo that counted, and taught colors, and stuff like that. He looooves my friends' bongos, adn I thought it would be nice for him to have his own.
He didn't want it! I tried for like 5 minutes in the store... and he just didnt like it. He wants a real bongo. Awesome. At least that gives me a good excuse to see the love of my life at the music store. Seriously? I've been crushing on this guy for ... like 7 years. And the day before I moved to Texas for LJ... yeah, THATS when mr hottie mc hotpants asked me on a date... idiot. Of course I had to say no, because I was engaged, but now? game. on. I swear I've seen him around town lately, and it's fate. unless LJ gets his head out of his ass. that would be an awesome way for fate to step in too. jackass.
anyway. I digress.
Nic didn't want the little bongo. He wanted the little piano. So, of course I got it for him. His little eyes lit up and it was so damn cute. It's cool too, because there's a mic AND a turn table! So, Nic jams on the piano, and I sing and turn tables...yo.
Anyway.
I was trying to kill some time before meeting up with my mom to go to the fair to watch my baby bro play in the band- so I decided Nic would enjoy graham crackers. I think if he were old enough, and marriage didn't just mean a man and a woman... this little boy would have married those dang crackers.

the same goes for the ritz crackers he randomly finds in his car seat...


No comments:

Post a Comment