Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Colds, Texas and Stress.

It's been far too long since I've blogged.

With that said- things have been ca ca ca craaaaazy up in here. Nic is doing so well it's not even funny. He can roll to get places, and if you hold his hands he walks with you. I mean, not steady or anything, but he can do it. His right leg kinda stomps, and it's hilarious. He laughs when I laugh, and he screams like no body's business. He was 25 inches and 18lbs on the 15th.. Yesterday I took him to the doctor for a little check up because he was coughing, and pulling his ear (everything is fine, no ear infection, just a cold...again.... even though I breast feed [which btw, is back on track..booya!]) and his weight is the same, but he grew 3 inches. In 2 weeks. Whaaaat? no wonder his clothes looked silly. haha.

Friday early morning, we took a trip to Texas. My friend wanted to go to a concert, and I wanted to see my friends from the interpreting program I graduated from. It was SO much fun. I was surprised with how well my little Nic did, but he was amazing! It was easier that I nursed him in the car (awkwardly or course, and it was SO hard to wear the cover!) but we stopped often enough to change him and for him to stretch his little legs. He had a blast in Texas. So, I think I just might move there.... If I can get a full time position interpreting at the college my friends work? it's on. All I have to do is a little emailing, and study my ass off for the NIC and I'm in. I'm going to start studying instead of watching yo gabba gabba. Seriously? the show sucks me in! I turn it on sometimes for Nic so I can clean, but nope. I just sit with him on the couch, cuddle and watch that show. Don't get my wrong. I love to cuddle with my little guy, but I dont even ever leave the house until like... oh.... 1 or 2. And I never ever shower until right before I leave, because something is wrong with me.
In any event-- being in Texas really stirred up some emotions.. I mean, thats where LJ and I became ... idk, everything. I went to Temple to meet my friends for lunch, and was flooded with memories. And they were all amazing memories. And it really fucked with me... and still is. I still don't get it sometimes.. but whatever. Ugh.. whatever. Anyway. Nic and I had a blast. We went to the Austin Zoo, which is more of a rescue center than a zoo...it was pretty cool. Nic was really interested in the tiger, so of course I bought him one at the gift shop. I was pretty sad they didnt' have a penny press.. the do at Reid Park Zoo here in Tucson... we're just lucky I guess. Tucson zoo rocks. Hard.
I also went to a concert while in Austin. It was pretty cool.. not really my favorite kind of music, but it was still fun to get out sans baby... even though every 30 mins i was texting to make sure he was ok. Which of course he was lol.. my friend's parents were out there for work, the same weekend we went so it was perfect. Nic loves them.

He's a little sick still--he's sooo stuffy, and doesn't like the booger sucker-uper, thus resulting in boogers smeared all over his sweet little face. So. Gross.

In other news, I've started Nic's bday party plans, and it's a big secret, because I hate the idea that someone might copy me haha. Snobby? Probably. But my kid's first bday party will kick your kid's first bday party's ass so hard, you'll be takin it to urgent care. booyaaa... But the only problem is that its gonna be soooo expensive. Holy balls. At least 300$... I hope LJ will split it with me, seeing how he is just going to show up to it.. which i want. I want one party for Nic.. but I'm just sayin, he's not going to do any of the leg work.. he should at least split the costs with me. And if he doesnt? im going to punch him in the wiener.

OH- my sister is going to her Senior Prom, and guess who her little date is? Yep. Nic. Well... for the pictures. haha.. SO i got him the CUTEST suit! It's like, teal and it has a little vest and dress pants... and hes going to wear his skull and cross bone shoes! hells yes. AND he can wear it for Easter. And before all that, he's getting his hair cut. Some old bitch in Texas said he was pretty like a girl. EFF that. he's all boy, all the time.

And here are some pictures of our trip:











2 comments:

  1. People should really think before they say stuff like that. Whenever someone says, "Oh, you're so pretty!!" or something to that effect, I ALWAYS give a dirty look and correct them. Then they look offended. Idiots.

    My point here is that Nic does NOT look like a girl. He looks like a sweet, adorable little munchkin BOY!

    I'm glad you had fun in Texas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahahha Glad ya had a blast in Texas! And yeah... what Jessica said -- People need to think before they say things like that to a person's kid! That lil' guy looks ALL boy! He's gonna be a heart breaker.

    ReplyDelete