Sunday, October 9, 2011

whirlwind!bt


The month of September was just.... awful. Except for my sweet angel's birthday. That was an amazing event.

Nic's dad came into town on Labor day. A week earlier than he was supposed to. I mean, I like to think I'm an easy going person, but lets face the facts- I plan. I plan everything, and if it goes off the plan, I kinda freak. So I freaked, he got here, it was good and bad, mostly bad- but whatever. We do fine over the internet, but in person it sucks. And I'm not here to bash him, I've done that enough in the past, but.... I wish he had stepped up a little bit. I have Nic 24/7, and I get that he was here for R&R but... I wish he had kept Nic over night a bit so I could have had a break. But he realy did help out for the birthday party so... all in all, I guess it worked out. Nic warmed up to LJ right away, and that was such a relief. I was worried Nic wouldn't go to him, and that would have just been so hard for LJ, making it more of a burden for me.
Anyway, the party was amazing. Here's a few pictures! :]
I'm clearly proud of my boy :)
"thats some high quality h2o"
veggie platter
custom smash cake
smash!
lollie pops
take out boxes for the candy buffet
custom cake and banner!

Nic started walking on Aug 26th just few steps here and there. The morning of his birthday, he walked full force! He's so amazing. He truly is. I'm so lucky!

Two days after his party, my grandma died. I'm certain she hung on for Nic's sake. She was thoughtful like that. She died in her sleep, with her family around her. She was at home, and comfortable- just as she wanted. My brother did a beautiful slideshow tribute. I wish he had put it on youtube or something. I'm so lucky to have known my grandma, and I'm so thankful she became someone I could say was my family. Not step- just my family.
This was taken on her Birthday.


I guess that's all I really have to say about that.













Nic is really advancing with his signing! He can sign about 5 signs now, which for a 1 year old I'd say is pretty impressive. He still has NO teeth though! wtf! I'm getting worried... poor dude is gumming everything!
also? He's had the runs for 9 days now, and he (on top of everything) has an ear infection! My poor little dude.

I mean, it's really no secret that LJ told me to date. I didn't for a long ass time. But now? I so totally am, and I'm incredibly happy. Like SO happy. He's amazing with Nic, Nic loves him SO SO SO much. He really is an amazing person, and I pretty much owe my baby cousin BIG for setting us up. We started dating a few months ago.. and it's just been an amazing ride. I think that's all I can really ask for in life. My life seems to finally be piecing together-- slowly-- but it finally is. <3

1 comment:

  1. So happy for you Gina! And Nic's bday party looked sooooo adorable! You are an awesome mom!!!

    ReplyDelete